Recap - 2021


 


The year started with a new professional journey and a new phase of life... I entered the 40s… despite working for a decade, I had to start all over again to prove my credibility. Nevertheless, I’m now used to dealing with such tests again and again.

 

We sometimes feel that we have mastered our way, be it our personal or a professional life. Just when we think so, life gives us a twist. I thought last year, i.e., 2020 was the toughest year in my life. But as I think of earlier years, I realize that I dealt with so many challenges in 2021. In fact, the last decade has gone by dealing with tough things.


Right from family disputes to losing friends to facing financial crises to dealing with psychological issues, it seems like I have dealt all kinds of issues. The point that I want to make here is not that I’m a wonder woman, but all those in their 40s have faced these issues in one way or the other. These are all very common in one’s life.

 

This line from Bhagavad Gita gave a new perspective to my life:


“karmany-evadhikaras te ma phaleshu kadachana

ma karma-phala-hetur bhur ma te sango ’stvakarmani”


This means,

“You have a right to perform your prescribed duties, but you are not entitled to the fruits of your actions. Never consider yourself to be the cause of the results of your activities, nor be attached to inaction.”


Until now, I thought this verse is was impossible to follow. but, after seeing half of my life (for some reason, I feel l live till 80 years), I believe that it is possible to practice. I have started practicing some of these verses and I already feel that I’m in the path of attaining peace.

 

My suggestion to the younger generation is - “Never judge” “Never attach yourself to anything or anyone”

 

I’ll continue to find ways to stay in peace. Welcoming the next half of my life with 2022

#lifelearnings #staypeace

Comments