A letter to a Dad




It’s been 2 years Nanna since the last time I saw you, heard your voice. But there is not a moment when you are not with me. I can sometimes feel you, smell you and hear your voice telling me what is the right thing to do.

In the past two years, a lot has happened. I bought a house. Big surprise, right? I still have your last message asking me to buy one. I got a car also. It’s not much, but it’s mine. You know I’m asst. general manager now. All these small achievements would mean nothing to me, but you believed in me and here I am living your belief.

I remember you waited even at late nights to see me whenever I came home. I miss the warmth of your hug.

I used to keep my phone in silent mode so that you don’t wake me up early morning. Now, I miss your early morning phone calls, Nanna.

I remember hiding my expenses from you just to avoid your gyan on savings. I miss the concern now.

I remember switching off the TV early. If not I would have to listen to your lecture. I miss all the care.

Last year, I struggled for some time when mom fell ill, but I know you’ve watched her get better.

I hope you’re looking down on me everyday and smiling like you always did. I think of you in everything I do

I know you want nothing more for me than to lead a happy and healthy life. I strive every day to make that happen for you.

Comments